Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Interview:prabudeva about his relationship with nayanatara




Prabhu Deva is in the limelight once again, and for good reasons at that. He seems to have recovered his relish for being in the public eye with a slew of successful events.
It began with his directorial venture Rowdy Rathore, which has grossed Rs 130 crores in its third week of release.

Then, there were his spirited performances at the IIFA Awards night and the fifth edition of the IPL, all of which has put him on the ‘Most Wanted’slot.
When we reached his place, we found Prabhu playing with his two children, and readying to take them out for a special dinner as it was Father’s Day.
“Is half an hour enough for you?” he asks with a smile. “Whenever I am in town, I am particular that I spend quality time with my kids,” says the dutiful father. In an exclusive to Buzz, Prabhu Deva opens up and talks about his breakup with glam-queen Nayanthara, forthcoming films and future plans.
On choosing only remakes for your B’town films:
It just happened! Actually, the script of my first film with Salman was being finalised when Pokkiri got released in Tamil and became a huge hit.
The makers felt that it would be great to remake it in Hindi. Again, there was no particular reason for remakingVikramarkudu (Rowdy Rathore).
There are hardly any writers in the industry and the directors arescriptwriters these days. If you ask me, it is great to have another brain (separate scriptwriter) in the team. I am open to original scripts as well.
Rumours suggest that you’ve migrated to Bollywood after a couple of flops in Tamil :
Comment! Not really! K’town is my base and since I am doing films in Hindi, for practical purposes, I stay there. If a good offer comes up in Tamil, I will be back here.
Not remaking Rajini’s cult classic Baasha with Akshay Kumar:
(Laughing) I have also been hearing these reports. There’s no truth in it!
Chris Gayle is a great fan of Prabhu Deva:
We met while I was shooting for Rowdy Rathore in Bengaluru. While I was awe of his cricket, he was wondering as how I make dancing movements so smooth on screen.
Teaming up with Salman for the second time:
Yes, there are plans for Wanted 2 — though, nothing concrete as of now! Boney and Salman have to decide. It may be a sequel or a prequel.
On long pending Tamil film Kalavadiya Pozhudhugal:
When I signed as the lead protagonist for KP with Thangar Bachchan, a lot of people dissuaded me saying that Thangar is a short-tempered person and we may not gel.
But to everyone’s surprise, we got along very well and became thick friends. I call him ‘Takkar’ and we used to visit each other. It is an intense romantic story narrated in the typical raw style of Thangar. I am also looking forward to it.
Experiences meeting Bollywood star Rajesh Khanna:
Harish, the son of Rajeshji’s close friend, is my assistant. I was keen to meet Rajeshji as I am an ardent fan of the superstar’s style and acting.
I had heard that the balcony in his house in Mumbai was very famous — he used to come out in the morning (if he was in town) and wave to the thousands of female fans gathered there. Rajeshji hugged me and appreciated my dancing.
He also recalled his association with Kamal Haasan sir. When I wanted to take a picture with him, he was particular that we pose near a portrait of his from Aaradhana.
On what went wrong with his relationship with Nayanthara:
(Thinks for a while) I would love to answer this question. But my maturity and wisdom prevent me from doing so and I don’t want to talk about it. It’s all over! ‘Move on’ is my mantra and I did just that – went to Mumbai.
Reports suggest that Nayan felt her loyalty and sincerity were not reciprocated and she had no option but to ‘call it quits’.
If she wants to be open, that’s her wish! There’s no point reacting to such ‘so called’ remarks. It never affected me in any way – I didn’t ever feel that I was let down! I am an extremely pious person.
So, whatever happens, I take it as God’s wish, and I am confident that ‘He’ will take me only on the right path and on the right channel. So, I have no regrets in life!
Dream star to work with:
Undoubtedly Amitabh Bachchan sir. Till today, I haven’t choreographed any of his films, directed him, or acted with him.
On his first ever 3D dance venture ABCD:
It is an amazing project, directed by ace choreographer/director Remo. I play a dance guru and there is no pairing with anyone. It is shot entirely in 3D format and with Hollywood technicians – it was a mind-blowing experience. It felt like I was acting in my first film.
His future Hindi films include one with producer Kumar Taurani of Tips, and a movie with Eros International.

No comments:

Post a Comment