Thursday, June 28, 2012

Piaa Bajpaai taking the traditional route





Her last outing in Kollywood was as Saro — the bubbly girl-next-door in Ko, but Piaa Bajpaai says she hasn’t been MIA.
The actress has been keeping herself busy with the Malayalam flick Masters, as well as a Bollywood project that she cannot reveal much about.

This year however, might just see her gracing the Tamil screen once again, as she has two flicks lined up. One is the remake of Sattam Oru Iruttarai, and the other is the bilingual Dhalam.

“I play a traditional Tamil Brahmin girl in Dhalam,” says Piaa, who is very excited about the project, which will mark her entry into Telugu cinema as well. “My look in the film is completely different from any of my earlier films. I sport traditional attire like kurtis and salwars throughout the film. However, I am not playing a village girl,” she affirms.
Sattam Oru Iruttarai on the other hand, will see her back in her hip avatar. “It is quite similar to the look I sported in Ko,” she says. Ask her about her lengthy break from Tamil cinema and the Goa girl says, “I read somewhere that you are only as good as your last film.
Ko was a big hit and people still remember me for that, which is why I didn’t want to sign just anything that came my way. I waited for the right script to come along.”
While rumour mills suggest that Piaa and Premgi are in a relationship, the actress insists that this is not the case. “It all started off as an April Fools joke,” she explains.
“The whole gang including Venkat Prabhu was there when we decided to change our status on a social networking website. I told Premgi to change his relationship status, following which I said I would change mine.
We both did and that’s when the whole thing got blown out of proportion, and the media started believing we were together.
Some even quoted Venkat Prabhu. Finally, I had to call up and tell him that there was no truth in all this. Premgi and I were just victims of the whole incident,” she laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment