Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Movie Mogul’s 77th Birthday and 50th year of showbizz




When you have been around in film industry for as long as D Ramanaidu has been, everything becomes a landmark. The ace producer who is addressed fondly as “Movie Mogul” is approaching another milestone in life. It is his birthday today, his 77th, for the record. That’s not the milestone we are talking about. It is his 50th year in showbiz. The Guinness Recordholding producer went back to his first movie when asked about his long journey. ““Anuragam” was my first production in 1963. At the release time, heavy rains lashed the state affecting the film’s collections greatly,” recalled Rama Naidu.

The movie was a flop, but it only made the producer more determined to deliver a hit. “I never lost my confidence. I started hunting for good scripts and came across the script of “Ramudu Bheemudu”. NTR played a dual role in the movie for the first time and it went on to become a blockbuster,” he shares. The film was released in 1964 and it became a super hit. It was followed by another successful film “Pratignya Palana” in 1965.
For the next six years, however, the producer suffered a spate of flops. Things changed for the better with “Premnagar” in 1971. “The success of that film changed my life forever. I had decided to go back to my native place and take up agriculture if the movie flopped,” he says.
Currently, Ramanaidu is working on his maiden Punjabi film. “I’m looking forward to directing a movie. That is something I really want to do. I also want to act in a movie with Venky, Rana and Naga Chaitanya,” he signs off

No comments:

Post a Comment